Call for Abstract
The Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education (AIAEE) Scholarly Activities Committee is requesting proposals for refereed abstracts to be presented at the 39th Annual Conference. The conference theme is “Technology, Pluralism and Inclusiveness in Agriculture, Food, and Environment;” however, all submissions will be given full consideration. Research for the conference can be conducted anywhere across the globe, but we encourage submissions to demonstrate global relevance for agricultural and Extension education, capacity building, communications, leadership, and international development. The purpose of abstracts is to share:
- Research - reporting on the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources to establish facts and reach new conclusions.
- Application - documenting a practical and/or field experience of applied extension education and/or agricultural education.
- Theoretical/ Philosophical - proposition to generate new knowledge concerned with or involving the theory of a subject or area of study rather than its practical application.
- Innovative models of educational programming - present a concept or idea that reflects innovative educational approaches for AIAEE-relevant audiences.
- Submitted proposals must have at least one author who is a current AIAEE member.
- Accepted proposals require one author who is a current member to be registered for the conference by February 1, 2023.
- AIAEE professional members submitting abstracts to the upcoming conference will be required to review other abstracts submitted to the conference.
- Members may submit more than one proposal.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is Monday, October 17, 2022, by 11:59 PM EST. No late abstracts will be accepted.
Submission Options and Descriptions:
Required Format for Submissions
- Oral Presentation: The submitted abstract will be considered for oral presentation. If the submitted abstract is not selected for an oral presentation, it will be considered for a poster presentation.
- Poster Presentation: The submitted abstract will be considered only for poster presentation.
Follow the prescribed format when submitting abstracts (these sections are required and headings count toward the total word count, excluding references):
- Each submission should include a title page, abstract, and references section in one document.
- Title Page: List the title of your submission, name(s) and institution(s) of each author. For the lead author only, include contact information (mailing address and email address).
- Include up to five keywords on the title page.
- Limit your abstract to NO MORE than 1,000 words (excluding title page and references). The abstract should accurately communicate the overview of the work.
- Bolded section headings (see below) are required in the abstract. Double space between sections.
- Figures and tables are NOT allowed.
- Cite references according to American Psychological Association (APA) 7th edition.
- Mask or remove all author names and other identifying information in the abstract.
- Submissions not meeting these minimum guidelines will be rejected without review. All citations and references should adhere to APA 7th edition.
- Introduction and/or theoretical framework and/or review of the literature
- Purpose and objectives
- Methods and/or data sources; or theoretical/philosophical themes
- Results, products, and/or conclusions
- Recommendations, educational importance, implications, and/or application
- Title and references (not included in in the 1,000-word limit)
Process to Submit
- Deadline is Monday, October 17, 2022, by 11:59 PM EST. One author must be a AIAEE member. No late submissions.
- Proposals will be submitted via Oxford Abstracts – submission site
- If you experience any issues with submission, visit the guidance for submitters page: submission help site
- If this is your first-time submitting abstract to the AIAEE conference via Oxford Abstracts they you will be prompted to create a new account. Please create a new account before submitting the abstract.
- Enter the appropriate information into the boxes. We recommend creating your proposal in a Word document and then using copy and paste functions to enter it into the relevant boxes.
- Upon completion of your proposal, you will be sent a confirmation of receipt via email.
- Each abstract will be blind peer reviewed by AIAEE members.
- The lead author of the abstract proposal will be notified of the review decision via email on or before December 15, 2022.
- The guidelines for preparing oral presentations and poster presentations will be sent to those accepted in early 2023.
- Review deadlines are contingent upon the prompt return of reviews.